Egg, Ham, and Cheese Bake {Quiche}

eggs, cheese, and ham bake

This recipe is just like a frittata or a crust-less quiche. It is a quick and easy recipe, and goes great with a salad, some fruit, or just a glass of orange juice in the morning. And it’s easy to reheat as well.

You’ll need lots of eggs – 8, to be exact. And this is one of the few brands of finished meats that I buy these days. If you like bacon, it is the best bacon brand around, in my humble opinion. You can easily replace the ham with ground pork, beef, turkey, or chicken.

Posted in Breakfast, Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, SCD  |  12 Comments

12 Responses to Egg, Ham, and Cheese Bake {Quiche}

1. Lauren B says:

Looks healthy and so easy! Am going to have to try down this bacon you recommend. It’s a good idea to find “clean” sources of meat these days (especially bacon!)!

2. EricaKerwien says:

Hi Lauren!
    PS I just read your technique for creating almond flour from blanched almond slices – great tip! Hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to link to it somewhere on comfy belly.

3. Kristen Inman says:

This is our favorite breakfast! We have used leftover ground turkey sausage patties and bacon for the meat. This makes great leftovers for hectic mornings as well.

4. Shalonne says:

Made this last night – very yummy! Having some for breakfast too :)
    Love your website – I think this is the 3rd recipe I have tried and all three have come out great. Thank you so much for providing these great recipes!

5. Melissa says:

I was wondering if your recommendation for bacon is SCD friendly?

When reading the ingredients, it seems to be but I am unsure about the lactic acid starter culture. Do you know by any chance?

Thx!

6. Dana says:

I actually laughed out loud when I saw the Preparation instructions (“Turn on oven, mix, and bake”)! This was delicious as it was quick and easy! Thank you, Erica, for a delicious start to Easter morning!!

7. Kath says:

Looks really good. I love breakfast casseroles!

8. McKenna says:

I just made this recipe – it was absolutely fabulous (and I’m not much of a fan of breakfast foods)!! I added some sauteed red onion, used greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan with 1/2 cup sharp cheddar. I topped my slice with chunky salsa and a dallop of sour cream. It’s taking everything in me to not go and grab another slice!! Thank you so much for this recipe!

9. Jeannette says:

I made this last night for dinner, using leftover Easter ham. I was really unsure about the yogurt, but went ahead & used my homemade SCD legal yoghurt. The whole family loved it. My 7 yr old grandson rated it “one percent above Minecraft” which is at least an 11 on a scale of 10!