This recipe is just like a frittata or a crust-less quiche. It is a quick and easy recipe, and goes great with a salad, some fruit, or just a glass of orange juice in the morning. And it’s easy to reheat as well.
You’ll need lots of eggs – 8, to be exact. And this is one of the few brands of finished meats that I buy these days. If you like bacon, it is the best bacon brand around, in my humble opinion. You can easily replace the ham with ground pork, beef, turkey, or chicken.
Egg, Ham, and Cheese Bake
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I used cheddar)
- 1 cup of yogurt (or any kind of soft cheese)
- 1 cup of chopped ham (you can substitute this with bacon, or another smoked meat – avoid nitrates and other additives)
- 2 chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/4 cup of chopped jalapeno pepper (optional, if you like things hot and spicy)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the top is turning brown.