Morning Sausages

These morning or breakfast sausages are consumed at almost any time of day or night. Breakfast for dinner is a great pass time. These sausages are the star of this plate, but I don’t shape them into stars too often – too much work. Most of the time, they’re just round and flattened.

My kids eat these straight up on a fork, but they can be dipped in sauce (ketchup, most likely), and combined with waffles, pancakes, or scrambled cheesy eggs and some fresh fruit salad.

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD  |  13 Comments

13 Responses to Morning Sausages

1. Tracee says:

I’m glad to see a recipe for sausage. I have been trying to do one myself but it turns out too bland. I never thought to try allspice, cloves and nutmeg. Yumm.

Yes, this took a bit of experimentation, but it was worth it. They get the nod of approval.

3. Natalie says:

Oh I am so happy to see this too! I have never made it but now that I am grain-free, I would like to add this to my repertoire. The stuff in the stores is full of garbage. Thanks!

4. Morning Sausage Recipe
      Maple syrup is not SCD legal
      Almond Flour Recipe: seeds are not permitted until three months after symptoms are gone

Hi Carol – yes, maple syrup is not SCD. Thanks! (and thanks for Pecanbread.com – it’s a great resource).
      By the way, for others reading this, you will need to check that a recipe is SCD legal – most are or can be, but make sure you can handle the ingredients that are called for, or substitute where necessary.

6. Fennel the spice is legal. You can grind it to a powder for recipes. Once you see improvements you can use it crushed.

7. Lisl says:

I’m excited to find this recipe (and your site in general — I’m new to SCD). I never eat sausages because of all the additives, and it hadn’t occured to me to make them at home. This looks delish.. Thank you!

8. Brenda says:

These look awesome! I’ve got an “Egg Stretching Carnival” going on at my site and I’m looking for GAPS/SCD legal breakfasts that don’t require a lot of eggs (because November is a low-production month for eggs). Please come share this recipe! 🙂 http://www.wellfedhomestead.com/2010/11/18/egg-stretching-carnival/

9. Danielle says:

Hi Erica-

I wanted to let you know that I included a link to this recipe on my blog. I hope it’s ok!

Thanks for all of your delicious recipes and inspiration!

Danielle

10. Sarah says:

OMFG these are so tasty! THANK YOU! Mine did turn out a little dry… would an egg help? Or I think I might have been too agressive in browning them…