These morning or breakfast sausages are consumed at almost any time of day or night. Breakfast for dinner is a great pass time. These sausages are the star of this plate, but I don’t shape them into stars too often – too much work. Most of the time, they’re just round and flattened.
- 1 pound of ground meat (turkey, chicken or pork)
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- drizzle of honey (or maple syrup – not SCD legal)
- dash of pepper (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend by hand until well seasoned throughout.
- Preheat a frying or saucepan over a stove on a low to medium heat.
- Shape the sausages into flat patties or other shapes, and cook about 5 to 7 minutes on each side. I wait until they are well-browned on one side before flipping them over to the other side.
- Place each patty on a paper towel over a plate.
- Enjoy! I store the left overs in a sealed container to be reheated another time. Quite often I make these the night before so they are ready for breakfast at 6:00 AM!