Orange Creamsicles

Orange Creamsicle

Here’s a creamy, subtly orange treat that works great as a popsicle or scooped out of a container. And it tastes great with muffins, cookies, and brownies.

Having these around makes it easy for us to consume some yogurt. I love having this as a breakfast treat – especially during the summer, along with a muffin and a glass of water. The vitamin C is built in.

A nice addition to this might be a drop of orange oil, although I didn’t have any on hand. Another option is some orange zest, although some of us don’t like particles in our pops! And finally, candied orange peel would be a delightful topping! I might try that soon.

Just one minor warning: these do taste more like yogurt than ice cream. So if you’re not a yogurt fan, you probably won’t like these.

Posted in Desserts, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  10 Comments

10 Responses to Orange Creamsicles

1. Ann says:

This recipe looks wonderful! Is there anything that you could substitute for the eggs? Hopefully there is, and i wil be able to try these!

Ann, I wish I could recommend a good substitute, but my experience with egg subs has been uninspiring. One suggestion: you could whip the yogurt to get it lighter and just omit the eggs. That might be enough to make it lighter. It will still be heavier than it would be with the eggs, but I think it would still be tasty once frozen. You might also need less of the orange custard though, so add the custard slowly and do taste test after you’ve blended all the ingredients together.

3. I just made popsicles a few days ago with some leftover mango juice.I’ll try this recipe next

4. Alisa says:

That looks wonderful!I’d love to try this:)Thanks for sharing how to make it.

5. Jill says:

These look awesome and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your site. Thanks!!

Jill, WOW. I just read your story. Congrats on twins! You’re a true survivor. And thanks for the kudos.

7. Carol says:

We’re making this today-yeah spring. When is the orange juice added in? It seems no one else is having a problem with that. We added it with the lemon mixture, but–that doesn’t seem right. It’ll be good anyway I’m sure, but for next time, we’d like to know.
      THANK YOU!

Hi Carol. I haven’t made this in a while, but from my memory, I added the orange juice at the beginning, when creating the curd. I edited step #1. Thanks for alerting me!

8. Laura says:

How many will this recipe make? (If you use the popsicle molds in the picture how many will it fill?)