I was trying out various takes on a warm spinach salad, but the weather is finally turning (warm) here. So while I usually eat spinach mixed in tarts or quiches, this salad is a nice change from the romaine and spring mixes. It’s kind of like a BLT salad (Bacon Lettuce Tomato). And it goes great with Parmesan croutons.
You’ll need a bunch of fresh spinach, some sweet cherry tomatoes, and a few slices of bacon. I’m also working on some new salad dressings (like Caesar salad dressing), however this salad goes well with honey mustard dressing, or the lemon mustard dressing posted below.
Spinach Bacon Tomato Salad
- about 4 slices of bacon, cut width-wise into small strips
- one bunch of fresh spinach, lightly chopped or sliced
- about 1/2 cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
Lemon Mustard Dressing
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey (depending on your taste)
Shake it up until well blended.
- Pan fry the bacon pieces until they start to slightly brown around the edges.
- Add the cut spinach to a salad bowl, then the sliced tomatoes, and finally the bacon on top.
- Lightly mix the salad and add your favorite dressing on top.