Salted nuts are a great snack, however packaged salted nuts often contain ingredients other than the salt and the nuts, or they may contain an oil that you don’t eat.
It’s very easy to make a batch of salted nuts that has your favorite salt, oil, and seasoning. I love salted cashews, so that’s what I made for this recipe post. But any raw or roasted nut will work.
Gather the nuts that you want to roast, add a few drops of the oil (I use olive oil), blend well, and then blend in the seasoning. Roast and there you have it! Feel free to double recipe, since I listed measurements for a small batch.
Some additional seasonings that work well with salt and nuts:
And here are some other nut recipes you might like:
- 1 cup of nuts
- a few drops of oil (or about 1/4 teaspoon of oil; butter works too)
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt (adjust to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Coat the nuts with the salt and oil (as well as any other seasonings). If you are adding more seasoning, you may need a drop more oil.
- Spread nuts out apart on a baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the nuts begin to darken. Raw nuts will take longer to roast than previously roasted nuts.
- Cool and eat!