There are lots of guacamole recipes out there, but here’s a basic one that never fails me. It’s so simple to make. You need just garlic, lemon juice, and avocados.
Avocados are a great way to get a boost of healthy fat and nutrients in one beautiful green package. You’ll get a dose of things like potassium, Vitamin E, B-vitamins and folic acid, along with the healthy fat that will help your body to absorb the fat-soluble nutrients in this fruit.
I’m playing around with avocados a bit lately, so stay tuned. You might see an interesting recipe or two come out of this experimentation. And it tastes great with these nacho cheese chips.
Here are some things you can add to this recipe when the mood (or ingredient) strikes you:
- chopped tomato
- mayonnaise (makes it creamier)
- minced chili peppers or jalapeño
- lime juice instead of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 medium size garlic clove, crushed or pressed
- 2 small avocados or one large
- pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Slice each avocado the long way and use your hands to separate the two halves. Take out the pit using your fingers, or gently insert a knife into the pit to pull or twist it out.
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mash with a fork or masher.