I’m feeling very green this week. We actually have a bunch of Irish in us here. My husband has Irish, Scottish, and Welsh in his lineage, hence the blue eyes, red hair, and fair skin on one of my boys. The freckles are from me. So here’s to green food in celebration of all things Irish, green, and good to eat.
Green eggs are an easy start to the morning. I made my life even easier by using some leftover Kale pesto to green up my eggs.
If you don’t have Kale pesto on hand, you can get a frying pan going with some olive oil or butter, and fry chopped Kale, onions, salt, and garlic together for a few minutes, and then add the eggs for a quick scramble. And if you don’t have Kale, use chopped spinach or chard.
Green Eggs (with Kale pesto)
- 2 tablespoons of Kale pesto
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat a frying pan on medium, with some butter or olive oil.
- Add the scrambled eggs to the pan.
- Wait a few minutes for the bottom to cook, and then add the Kale pesto.
- Use a wooden spoon (or other utensil to mix the pesto into the eggs while gently tossing the eggs around and breaking them up. Cook until just soft.