Roasted Brussels Sprouts {with bacon}

Comfy Belly: Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I’m going to try to make this easy for a few reasons. First, if you’re cooking for the holidays you probably have some planning to do. Second, the list of ingredients is pretty simple and bacon is involved. And like a lot of food, any previous biases might change with the addition of bacon. So if you have not given brussel sprouts much show time, think again.

Comfy Belly: Roasted Brussel SproutsComfy Belly: Roasted Brussel SproutsComfy Belly: Roasted Brussel SproutsComfy Belly: Roasted Brussel Sprouts

I was lucky enough to receive a box full of brussels sprout stalks from farmstr which means I landed some fresh, organic produce that came directly from Rents Due Ranch farm (a local farm in the Seattle, WA area).

If you’re not feeling the bacon or don’t eat it, replace it with one medium red onion, peeled and diced, plus about 1 to 2 tablespoons of high heat oil. Or another option is to add both the bacon and the onion.

Posted in Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD, Wheat-Free  |  14 Comments

14 Responses to Roasted Brussels Sprouts {with bacon}

1. G says:

Yum! I’m totally making this for Thanksgiving. Thanks!

2. Lisa Sali says:

Great recipe and lovely images – one of my all time favorite dishes. I usually make it French style – with onions and heavy cream (on top of the bacon), but excited to try it your way with the maple syrup. And I love using Farmstr. Brussel sprouts on the stalk are so much fresher than anything else. And more fun too!

3. Wanda Ball says:

Love the sound of this recipe. I love brussel sprouts and bacon. I do limit my bacon intake, but this would make such a wonderful dish. I can’t wait to try it.

4. Emilie says:

Nitrate Free Bacon is healthier I am going to defently make this..thank you !

Yes, definitely no additives, and processed sugar-free brands too if possible. PS Did you know that bacon contains naturally occurring nitrates from the curing process?

5. Pingback: Brussels Sprouts Gratin | Karista's Kitchen

6. venus says:

Hi! Just to clarify, the bacon is raw and put in the pan with the sprouts. Do you ever drain any of the bacon fat????

Yes, bacon is raw and I don’t remove the fat, but if you feel there is too much, then you can drain some of the fat. It will probably depend on how fatty the bacon is. I use the bacon fat instead of oil, so no oil is added to the pan.

7. Lauren B. says:

This was an easy and delicious way to prepare brussels sprouts. They were a big Christmas Eve hit. Thanks, Erica!

8. Pingback: Thanksgiving without the Food Hangover (Recipes included!) | health coach nw blog