Welcome to my favorite post of the year…holiday recipes!
I’ll keep my intro short so you can cut to the recipes. Take a moment to scan my tips. I’m a list lover and I try to make as much ahead as possible, but inevitably I end up making stuff at the last minute or running a bit over, so factor in extra time for all the food love.
Holiday baking and cooking tips 🧑🍳
- Test new recipes at least a few days before the holiday.
- Schedule what you’re making on a calendar.
- Create a checklist and mark stuff off as you go.
- Say yes to anyone who wants to bring food.
- Ask for help with the preparation.
- Make stuff ahead. Cranberry sauce, pies, and some sides can be made ahead, and vegetables can be chopped and prepped for cooking ahead of time.
- If something flops, let it go. It’s about spending time together.
- Make more than you need so you have leftovers for the next few days, and to freeze for later.
- Exchange clean-up help for leftovers.
- You’re a star. It will shine because it’s from the heart 🥰.
Most of all, take time to sleep, read a good book, catch up on a movie, get some fresh air, and laugh.
Love, peace, and good health always,
Leave a Reply