Potato Pancakes {Latkes}

Potato Latkes - Comfy Belly

Hanukkah (also known as Chanukah) is from December 1st to the 9th this year, which certainly crept in quickly. Even if you don’t celebrate this holiday, I encourage you to give these a try – they will probably disappear faster than you can fry them. And you don’t need to add flour to them – they’re naturally gluten-free, if that matters to you.

Potato Latkes - Comfy Belly

Here are some great topping ideas for potato pancakes:

Tip Instead of potatoes, try shredded zucchini, parsnip, sweet potato, butternut squash, or carrot, or a combination of these. I’ll be trying this later in the week and hopefully share great results.

Straining shredded potatoes

Dropping pancakes

Flattening the pancakes

Pancakes frying it up

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  8 Comments

8 Responses to Potato Pancakes {Latkes}

1. Hi Erica,
    This looks delicious!
    Thanks for linking it to the “Real Food Holidays | Hanukkah” blog carnival.

2. Michelle says:

Thanks for the timely recipe. Happy Hanukah! Plan to make a similiar recipe for tonight and leave out flour, matzoh meal, as well. My kids and husband love it with apple sauce and they are usually half eaten by anyone near while they are cooking, including the cook!

3. Mary says:

Has anyone tried using kohlrabi? I don’t eat potatoes and kohlrabi has a very mild flavor, more so than turnips or rutabagas even though it is in the same family.

4. Great recipe, and thanks for the step-by-step! These are one of my favourite treats!

5. Peggy says:

These latkes look so delicious and crispy… just like they should be!

6. Tasha says:

They were really delicious, but I found that they were a bit to salty. Next time I would use 1 teaspoon of salt instead.

7. Dina says:

I have used acorn squash, it came out delicious!

8. Debbie says:

We will be making sweet potato apple latkes! Thanks for your recipes! My whole family loves your pumpkin bread 2.0 that I make into muffins!!