Here’s what I had for lunch yesterday. Thought you might like the idea of candied nuts (walnuts here) on top of a salad. This is a very crunchy salad!
I usually add a few other items to this salad, such as a light dressing and maybe some goat cheese, Parmesan, or grilled veggies or chicken. While I’m eating less and less meat & fish these days, I do like to have a bit of diced grilled chicken around in the refrigerator to add as a topping to salads and other quick dishes.
Tip My kids love crumbled bacon and chopped apples on this salad.
Here are some posts with salad dressings you might like:
Anyway, lots of stuff to get done around here, so gotta go for now, but more to come. Have a great day!
Candied Nuts Salad
- sliced cabbage (red and white, or both)
- chopped cilantro
- baby spinach leaves
- baby romaine lettuce
- sliced green onions
- candied nuts (or regular nuts if you prefer)
- grilled veggies or chicken (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the dressing and nuts, in a large bowl.
- Toss lightly and store, covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat it.
- When ready to eat, add the nuts on top and then drizzle the dressing over the salad.