Orange Cranberry Muffins {using almond & coconut flour}

Orange Cranberry Muffins - Comfy Belly

I’m a cranberry groupie. I love its tartness and how it compliments sweet and savory flavors. I can eat cranberry sauce with just about any savory dish.

Orange Cranberry Muffins - Comfy Belly

And it offers powerful health benefits. It’s packed with phytonutrients that ward against inflammatory conditions in the heart, digestive tract, gums, and urinary tract.

This recipe is based on my orange cranberry bread, with the same exact measurements, tested as a muffin. Just another muffin for you. If you’re looking for a muffin using just almond flour, here’s one from my archives.

Be well, eat well, take time out to chill, read a book, listen to some tunes, dance a little, and spend some time with loved ones and friends.

Orange Cranberry Muffins - Comfy Belly

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Desserts, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Paleo, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  15 Comments

15 Responses to Orange Cranberry Muffins {using almond & coconut flour}

1. Charlotte Moore says:

I have these in the oven now. I used dried cranberries and I got 10. I sprinkled dried coconut on a few.

2. Those are some beautiful muffins! I love cranberry and orange together.

3. Jessica says:

These were delicious! I also added cranberries on top and they looked so festive. Moist, sweet, orange and vanilla flavor with that tart cranberry to match. It’s a great muffin!

Next time I’ll probably grease the muffin liner because some of the muffin batter stuck to the liner.

4. Emily says:

So, when you say blend, are you using a mixer, blender, or food processor? I’ve come across so many almond flour recipes that call for being combined in a food processor…

For this recipe you can use a spoon, food processor, mixer, not sure about blender, or whisk. I’d say it depends on the recipe but you don’t want to process or blend the cranberries or they’ll end up minced (or maybe you do want it that way). Hope that helps!

5. Pingback: Orange Cranberry Muffin using Coconut and Almond Flour | Coconut Flour Recipes

6. Ash says:

how long should you bake these for?

Wow, thanks. Could have sworn I had that in there! About 25 minutes.

• Ash says:

Thank you! I went to the bread and looked at the time there :)
        I’m making these again tonight as they were so good yesterday. I made them lemon poppy seed instead, subbing the lemon peel and juice (but only using 1/2 of the juice) and adding 1 tbs of poppy seeds. Amazing. My husband has claimed them to be the “perfect muffin”. Thank you for your wonderful recipes!

7. Crystal says:

I just tried these out for the first time. Patiently waiting in suspense for my batch to come out of the oven. :D