Orange Sesame Chicken {fast-cook}

Orange Sesame Chicken - Comfy Belly

A few days ago I posted the slow-cook version of this recipe, so to counter that here’s a fast-cook version of orange sesame chicken.

Orange Sesame Chicken - Comfy Belly

The only difference between the two—the slow-cook version yields extremely tender pieces of chicken. That’s not to say the fast-cook isn’t tender, it’s just not almost-falling-off-the-bone tender, as slow cooking is so good at doing. The sauce finishes a bit thicker in the fast-cook recipe, but you can simmer the slow-cook version for a few minutes once it’s done cooking to reduce the sauce and thicken it.

So there you have the trade-offs. I’m currently partial to the fast-cook method, but they both have their merits. In any case, enjoy with steamed veggies, white rice, or cauliflower rice (recipe below). Chopsticks are optional. Enjoy!

Posted in Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD, Wheat-free  |  12 Comments

12 Responses to Orange Sesame Chicken {fast-cook}

1. Wow! This looks so amazing (I would do the slow version) and i have to try the white cauliflower rice.

2. I made this just the other night and it was amazing! My entire family liked it, which is saying something because my dad isn’t a huge fan of chicken. Thanks for another fantastic recipe! :)

3. Jessica says:

Just wanted to say thanks for all of the amazing recipes! This was delicious. :+)

4. Amy says:

My family LOVED this dish tonight!!! I added some coconut aminos and a splash of vinegar. The color of the sauce is so appetizing!

Good to hear. Another option is to add a splash of fish sauce. love the vinegar idea! I thought about adding apple cider vinegar but I know some can’t do vinegar and it seemed to stand on it’s own without it. Now I’m curious!

5. Lisa says:

Soooo good! I didn’t have the thai peppers or red pepper flakes, so I used a dash of cayenne. One thing missing I noticed (from my Chinese Restaurant) was the pineapple chunks. I also used a splash of ACV and next time will try the Redboat Fish Sauce for a bit of unami. Another hit from your kitchen!

• Lisa says:

One more thing to note, I used drained diced tomatoes for the tomato paste because I have not gotten letters back from companies about no starch, no sugar in the canned tomato products except from Muir Glen.

6. Jeannette says:

This was delicious– my husband and I loved it. I do have a question about the sesame oil. Is it possible the amount should be 1 teaspoon rather than 1 Tablespoon? The sesame oil taste was almost overwhelming and next time I will try 1 teaspoon. This recipe is a keeper! Thanks!