Here’s a simple sea salt cracker that is easy to make, and can take on other flavors if added, such as garlic, sesame seeds, or other seasonings and herbs. I did make one batch with sesame and poppy seeds, for a simple seeded cracker, which I will post separately.
These crackers go well with dips and cheese plates. The cheese in this photo is my homemade herb and onion goat cheese which I’ll post soon as well.
Tip The more you bake them, the crunchier they will be.
More cracker recipes…
Almond Saltine Cracker
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra salt to sprinkle on top of crackers
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C or gas mark 4).
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the egg and oil, and blend and shape the mixture into two balls of dough.
- Place each dough ball on a non-stick baking mat, then place a piece of parchment paper (or other non-stick mat) over the ball and roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Score the crackers with a pizza cutter and sprinkle extra sea salt lightly across the cracker sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until they start to lightly brown.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and break apart into crackers. Store in a sealed container.