Here’s a simple sea salt cracker that is easy to make, and can take on other flavors if added, such as garlic, sesame seeds, or other seasonings and herbs. I did make one batch with sesame and poppy seeds, for a simple seeded cracker.
These crackers go well with dips and cheese plates. The cheese in this photo is my homemade herbed goat cheese.
Almond Saltine Cracker
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- extra salt to sprinkle on top of crackers
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C or gas mark 4).
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and blend well.
- Add the egg and oil, and blend and shape the mixture into two balls of dough.
- Place each dough ball on a non-stick baking mat, then place a piece of parchment paper (or other non-stick mat) over the ball and roll the dough into a thin layer.
- Score the crackers with a pizza cutter and sprinkle extra sea salt lightly across the cracker sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until they start to lightly brown.
- Cool for about 15 minutes and break apart into crackers. Store in a sealed container.