I’m lazy about cooking when it’s warm outside. And I’m usually craving salads. This state of mind and body calls for quick and easy meals, like this Niçoise salad, that are loaded with protein and hardy veggies with a salty flavor.
To make this, grab fresh produce, boil a few eggs, open a can or two of wild-sourced tuna, add some capers and olives, and you can easily pull together a Niçoise salad.
While you can use any fish, I prefer fresh fish to canned, but in a pinch or time crunch, canned fish works well. When you have time, add some fresh salmon or tuna to the plate. Or make it vegetarian and keep the fish out and add other sources of protein.
- 4 hard boiled eggs shelled and sliced
- 1/2 pound green beans trimmed
- 2 cups tender greens
- 10 ounces 2 cans Wild Planet Tuna
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 pound radishes trimmed and sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers or other, sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Fill a sauce pot halfway with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the green beans from the water.
- Arrange all the ingredients on a large platter or plate, including the green beans.
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, place the top on and shake until blended well.
- Serve the salad with the dressing.