Verry Berry Sherbet

Verry Berry Sherbert

Ok, it’s not exactly berry season – although California strawberries are beginning to trickle into markets here in Seattle. I’m using up my frozen berries from the summer of 2008, and what better way than with a creamy berry sherbet recipe – it’s goes great with Valentine cookies, cakes, and chocolates!

There are three parts to this recipe: the berries, the oranges, and the cream. Choose a mixture of frozen berries if you can, or what is in season if you prefer fresh berries. For this recipe I used raspberries and blackberries.

Tip Use lactose-free yogurt if you need this recipe to be lactose-free or you are following SCD. Some folks use these in their ice cream to avoid lactose).

Posted in Dairy-Free, Desserts, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Paleo, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  8 Comments

8 Responses to Verry Berry Sherbet

1. Charlene says:

Can this be made without an ice cream maker?

Charlene, yes. At step 6, place it all into a blender and blend very well. Put the blender in the freezer at 30 minutes intervals, taking it out to blend a bit each time. When it starts to freeze, or get very slushy, empty it into a freezer container and placed it in the freezer for a few hours. Voila!

3. Sandi says:

Hi, Erica – I am looking at making this for Easter. About how many people does this recipe serve?

Hi Sandi. It makes about 4 servings.

5. Sandi says:

Thanks, Erica. I also have another quick question. The ingredients include 3/4 cup honey, but the 1st step only calls for 1/4 cup honey. Could you clarify? Thanks again. ~Sandi

Sandi, wow. Not sure what I was thinking here. But you do want all of the honey in this recipe. So I’d say add all the honey to the berry mixture. I just edited the recipe. Thanks for catching this!

7. Ann says:

Is there any way you could make this without the gelatin?