Honey Mustard Dressing and Dip

Honey Mustard Dressing

Years ago, in a Mexican restaurant in Cambridge, MA, I ordered a salad and really wanted some honey mustard dressing to top it off. “No luck” said the waiter. But he did indulge me. He brought me a jar of honey and some mustard. I mixed them together at the table, and to my surprise it came out great.

Honey mustard dressing goes great with a lot of stuff: bacon apple salad, hard boiled egg salad, chicken fingers, on sandwiches, or even on a pile of greens with some olives (my favorite). This dressing recipe is so easy – although I take the time to make my own mayo – which is not hard. It just takes a bit more effort than buying a jar of it, and it’s a reliable mayo recipe – it hasn’t failed me yet.

Honey Mustard prep

If you don’t like mayonnaise, you can substitute some oil of your choice. A mild flavored oil is probably best, and maybe a bit less oil than mayo – 2 tablespoons of oil instead of a 1/4 cup of mayo.

Posted in Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, Salads, Sauces & Dressings, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  8 Comments

8 Responses to Honey Mustard Dressing and Dip

1. Karen says:

Simple and I bet wonderful, I will be making this soon.

2. Eliza says:

I’ve been dying for a good honey mustard dressing. I will be trying this.

3. Tracee says:

Thnaks, I’ll have to try this. Honey Mustard is one of my favorites, I love it on chicken.

4. McKenzie says:

do you know about how long this dressing lasts? and have you ever tried substituting yogurt for mayonaise? it sounds great! love honey mustard :)

McKenzie, I haven’t tried yogurt. I think it would work though. Let us know what happens if you try it.

wooops – McKenzie, your other question – it lasts at least three weeks for me – it’s actually never gone bad on me. It should last as long as mayo usually does when refrigerated. Just make sure to refrigerate it.