Meatballs Parmesan

Meatballs Parmesan

Time for more comfort food. What this recipe really represents is a meatball bar at my stove. I bake the meatballs, simmer the tomato sauce, shred cheese, steam broccoli, cut up some raw veggies (like cucumbers, carrots, snap peas, and red peppers), and we have dinner.

It takes me about 30 minutes from start to finish. I don’t buy beef too often, but when I do, my family is happy, and the beef is grass-fed from a local provider.

The cheese in this picture is not really “Parmesan” cheese, however it could be. Choose whatever cheese you please, or not. What I do is place all the components out separately and we each put our own dish together. One of us doesn’t like tomato sauce, another doesn’t like cheese, and another likes it all. The order of layout on the plate, if you’re doing it all, is sauce, then meatballs, then cheese on top, and let the cheese melt (or help it melt in a microwave or warm oven).

Meatball prep

Posted in Gluten-Free, Low-Sugar, SCD  |  18 Comments

18 Responses to Meatballs Parmesan

1. Natalie says:

Yummy! This looks wonderful – thank you for sharing. It is great to have a recipe for these that doesn’t include breadcrumbs.

2. nj says:

I’ve been wanting meatballs so badly and every recipe looks too hard to handle.
    This looks simple. Thanks

3. Ginny Rusch says:

Did you add the almond flour for its fiber content?

Hi Ginny – I added the almond flour in place of bread crumbs or other filler.

5. Memoria says:

This dish looks fantastic. I love that you baked the meatballs.

6. Amy says:

My mouth is watering. Must try this soon!

7. bobbie says:

This recipe was Oh So Good!! Thank you. I skipped the almond flour and added grated zucchini and diced onion. Thank you so much, it was a huge hit!

bobbie – that is a fabulous idea! I’ve done the onions before but not the zucchini.

9. Lexi says:

I have made these a couple of times now since you posted the recipe. My husband loves them and specifically asked me to make them again. Plus they are fantastic the next day too (we bring the leftovers to work for lunch). I think I may try adding diced onions or zucchini as Bobbie suggested. I’m eager to try out your other recipes — especially the desserts. Thanks for all the great ideas!

10. Steve says:

hmm, gonna have to buy a spaghetti squash and make these to top it. Looks great.

This was so good with onions that I added it to the recipe. Thanks bobbie!

12. Luana says:

I made this for dinner last night and it was wonderful! I really had my doubts about steamed broccoli with the meatballs, and broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, but meatballs and broccoli? I steamed it until it was very tender, and cut it in small small pieces as suggested. It did have a similar mouth feel to pasta, and is a great combination with these very yummy meatballs. I never would have thought it and glad I’d tried it. Many thanks!

13. Monika says:

Really good. Easy to make, delicious and filling. I prepared leaves of crisp romain lettuce with it.

14. Mari says:

I made these today. Amazing!! I can’t stop thanking you. Your recipes ate the best!

15. Jennifer says:

These are a monthly staple in our house. Easy to make on a busy week night. This week I hid 2 mozzarella “pearls” in each one. It was a yummy, melty surprise as everyone cut into them!

16. Luana says:

Still one of my favorite meatball recipes, and one or two cold the next morning are great, too.