Banana Ice Cream

Banana Ice Cream - Comfy Belly

You may have made this before, but it’s my first time. This ice cream recipe is unique for two reasons: it has one ingredient, and it is made with a blender or a food processor. That’s it. Oh, and it’s creamy, naturally sweet, and diary-free, egg-free, sugar-free, sweetener-free, grain-free and gluten-free. It’s very free!

Banana Ice Cream - Comfy BellyBanana Ice Cream - Comfy BellyBanana Ice Cream - Comfy Belly

I’m waiting for my refurbished Vita-Mix to arrive, so I used my food processor. You will want some kind of food processor or blender to get this going.

Overripe bananasDiced bananas
Bananas in processor

Posted in Dairy-Free, Desserts, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  7 Comments

7 Responses to Banana Ice Cream

1. Ellen says:

We love that recipe, except I find that it really doesn’t freeze well at all-turns brown and no longer tastes creamy (I add a small amount of water, so yours may still taste creamy b/c you don’t). How did freezing yours come out?

Hi Ellen. The frozen ice cream didn’t really turn brown (more like beige), but the consistency changes once you freeze it. It was a big hit in the pop molds, so I’d say it’s best right after it’s made and then it’s best as a pop. It could also be used as a base for other ice creams.

3. Katrina says:

I’ve made this a number of times over the last couple months and posted it on my blog. So good! Love all the possibilities. Our last one that I posted was frozen raspberries with banana added for creaminess.

4. Sarah says:

When I make this recipe, I add a can of coconut milk and a little bit of agave (can’t stand the taste of letting my bananas get that ripe before I freeze them). It makes it a little creamier and is delicious! :)

Sarah – I agree – it it definitely a great base for ice cream.

6. Gina says:

This is an amazing treat. I’ve told countless people about this–and last time I sprinkled some cinnamon and toasted almonds on top and it was even more fantastic.

7. Kathleen Cziner - Sydney, Australia says:

Hello Erica,
    I’ve just discovered your site and I just love the look of your recipes. I’ll be trying them soon. I also look at alternatives for a healthier way of eating as I’ve some allergies and don’t tolerate grains at all well. In addition to my other hobbies, I enjoy cooking and often tweak recipes to suite my needs – yours seen to need very little or no tweaking at all – Great! I’ll be visiting your site quite regularly. Keep up the fantastic “work”.