You may have made this before, but it’s my first time. This ice cream recipe is unique for two reasons: it has one ingredient, and it is made with a blender or a food processor. That’s it. Oh, and it’s creamy, naturally sweet, and diary, egg, sugar, and gluten-free.
I’m waiting for my refurbished Vita-Mix to arrive, so I used my food processor. You will want some kind of food processor or blender to get this going.
Banana Ice Cream
Very ripe bananas (4 medium-size bananas makes about 2 cups of ice cream)
- Peel and slice the bananas into coins.
- Freeze the banana pieces for a few hours (at least 2 hours)
- Place the frozen banana pieces in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on high until creamy.
- Consume it immediately, store in a sealed container in the freezer, or add to popsicle molds.
Tips You can add anything you want to the bananas once they are creamy. Almond butter, peanut butter, and syrups might be nice. Optionally, mix in (by hand) some nuts, or chocolate shavings.
After you freeze it, you can re-create that creamy, light taste by defrosting it a bit and putting it back in the processor for a quick whirl.