Gingerbread Cookies {using almond flour}

Gingerbread Cookies

Here’s another way overdue post for almond flour cookie lovers – the gingerbread cookie version of cut-out cookies. I couldn’t find my gingerbread person cookie cutter, so I used a bear. Hence, the gingerbread bears this year.

In any case, my apologies if this recipe is coming just a bit too late for you, however if you are running around furiously shopping or traveling, take a break and make some cookies. Or tuck it away for next year.

BFFs - Best Friends Forever

Decorating options

More G Cookies

Make a gingerbread house!

You can also use this recipe to make a gingerbread house. Here are some links to help you with this project:

Posted in Desserts, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Paleo, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  17 Comments

17 Responses to Gingerbread Cookies {using almond flour}

1. Sophie says:

Your gf gingerbread cookies look so delctable & apart!!

MMMMMM,..In your ingredinets you stated 1 egg, this really 1 egg & then 1/3 cup of honey?

2. Naomi devlin says:

They look fantastic! I’m a huge fan of anything gingery. Thanks for the comment over at Straight into Bed x x x

3. J says:

Yum! Just pulled a batch from the oven. Delicious with your version of royal icing! ….and no, I couldn’t wait for them to cool and then decorate, I just plopped some icing on a warm one and ate it right up! I think for my taste I may add more allspice or cinnimon. But right now I think I need to go eat another before they cool….its ok that I haven’t had dinner yet isn’t it??

4. Ada says:

I think I love you. Thank you so much for this fantastic recipe! You have a great blog!

5. Larissa says:

Looking forward to making these! How long do they last? I’m wondering if they’ll survive a week in the postal system for my far-away family to enjoy.

6. Fiona says:

Hi, I make these ginger cookies for my twin boys. Im in UK but im using American measures. I always have to add loads of extra Almond flour as the mixture is way to wet and sticky to handle. I usually have to add an extra cup full. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong?? xx

I haven’t made these in a while but another cup sounds like a lot, on the other hand I do freeze it so it’s easier to handle. A cup of almond flour is about 4 ounces, if that helps you. This should be quite similar to the cut out cookies recipe. Hope that helps.

7. Pingback: 15 Almond Flour Cookies Recipes

8. Shelly says:

These look good. Thanks!!

9. Jennifer says:

An absolutely outrageous treat for my grandchildren. Thanks so much for giving me a great opportunity to teach them exactly what a cookie should be!

10. Pingback: Frankenstein Friday | i keep sweaters in my stove

11. Holli says:

Hello, this is crucial! Can you use molasses instead of the honey called for in this recipe? Its for the rest of my family, we have always used mild molasses in our gingerbread cookies but it would be so wonderful to be able to use this recipe with the nutritious almond flour instead. I just don’t think they will think it tastes like gingerbread if it doesn’t have the molasses in it. Thanks, I know you prefer maple syrup or honey but in this case I’m hoping to use the molasses/