Here is our pop flavor of the week. Watermelon has a naturally sweet, juicy disposition that lends itself well to smoothies and pops. So here is a quenching treat for the hot days of summer.
Most of the time I use ripe watermelon, however I’ve used slightly overripe watermelon for this recipe with no change in flavor or texture. These go quickly, but thankfully they are easy to make. The only lag time is that they take a few hours to freeze – at least 4 hours. And with the homemade yogurt, they have a nice does of probiotics in them too!
Watermelon Strawberry Pops
- Ice pop molds
- 2 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup dripped yogurt Greek style or other thick yogurt
- 1/4 cup juice or water
- Add the watermelon and honey to a blender and blend well.
- Add the strawberries and remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Place the liquid in pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours.