Melting shredded cheddar cheese into cheese crisps is one of the first chip tricks I learned when venturing into alternate ways of baking and cooking grain free.
I have an older recipe for cheese chips that works with a variety of hard cheeses, however I recently found I can bake shredded cheddar at a higher temperature and still get them fairly evenly baked chips without burning the edges.
I use sharp white cheddar and the chips turn yellow after baking, but feel free to use any cheddar you prefer. Enjoy (and make extra)!
Cheddar Cheese Crisps
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Arrange about one tablespoon of shredded cheddar cheese on a baking sheet and continue with the rest of the cheese, leaving about two inches of space between each chip.
- Bake for 7 minutes, or until the chips are uniformly dark and lacey.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Store in a sealed container for a few days at room temperature, or in the refrigerator for several weeks.