Here’s a basic, creamy coleslaw using homemade mayonnaise.
I’m not ashamed to say that I eat this for breakfast (as well as lunch and dinner). You can toss just about anything on top of this: grilled anything, nuts, sliced fresh vegetables and fruit, or nothing at all.
If you find the sliced coleslaw a bit challenging or prefer another way, make it scoopable by putting chunks of cut cabbage in a food processor and process until it’s chopped into small pieces.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mustard Dijon or other
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 small green cabbage
- 1 small red cabbage
- Trim and slice the cabbage into thin strips and place in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cabbage and mix until well blended.
- Serve chilled or room temperature. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.