A new year. There’s new hope, great potential and an opportunity to change things up, or continue the good stuff. It’s so refreshing. Just eat it up. And maybe spice it up.
Here’s a recipe to spice up your life a bit and it works with any nut or seed, or combination of both. I use cashews, but feel free to swap in your favorite nut or seed, or some combination. If you’re avoiding spices with heat, you can easily eliminate the cayenne pepper from this recipe.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional for some heat
- 3 cups unsalted raw cashews
- Preheat your oven to 325°F/165°C.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or other non-stick baking surface.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and blend until the cashews are well coated.
- Spread the cashews out across the parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Cool and store in a sealed container for a few weeks.