Here is a simple, easy recipe for grain-free, gluten-free, SCD almond flour pancakes. They are silver-dollar size in the photo above but you can make then larger if you’d like.
These pancakes have a slightly heavier consistency than AP flour pancakes. You can solve that by reducing replacing some of the almond flour with coconut flour following my recipes for almond and coconut flour pancakes, or try using coconut flour following my coconut flour pancakes recipe.
I’ve seen a number of variations on the ingredients and the ratio of ingredients used in almond flour pancake recipes. Some use coconut oil, coconut milk, agave, coconut sugar, and yogurt. I’ve found that this simple ratio of almond flour, liquid sweetener, salt, baking soda, and milk (or water) in this recipe creates a perfectly tasty almond flour pancake.
Almond Flour Pancakes
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk or water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil for the skillet
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Heat a skillet on a low to medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake on the heated skillet.
- When you can slide a spatula under the pancake easily, flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Cook for a few more minutes and place the cooked pancakes on a warm plate and cover. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Enjoy with honey syrup, maple syrup, cinnamon, fruit, jam, ice cream, or yogurt topping.