- 25+ additional recipes
- All first edition recipes
- Nutrition profiles for every recipe
- Lay-flat binding
Internationally available at The Book Depository.
First Edition corrections
- Page 17: step 2 should say “Remove from heat and …”
- Page 143: step 3 should include 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract from the ingredients list
- Page 157: 1 teaspoon baking powder = 1/2 teaspoon baking soda + 1/2 teaspoon yogurt
- Page 5, in the Notes section for Beans and other legumes: “Soak dried beans overnight, then rinse and drain before cooking.”
- Page 4 & 5: To be sure a canned or packaged food is SCD safe, check with the manufacturer.
- Page 14, paragraph 3: “In general, you want to soak nuts and seeds until they’re softened. For SCD, soak all beans overnight.”
- Page 15: Soak black beans overnight, soak lentils overnight
- Page 62, in the ingredients list: “2 cups black beans that have been rinsed and soaked in 4 quarts of water overnight, then washed and drained”
- Page 62, step 4 should read: Add the broth, honey, and beans and blend well. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat, loosely cover and simmer for about 1 ½ to 2 hours, or until the beans are tender. Add the red pepper about 30 minutes or so before the soup is finished cooking.