It’s likely you could live on these cupcakes for a few days, if you had to. I speak from experience.
I really just wanted to have some fun with the nut butter cream frosting I created, and I love peanut butter and jelly. And, of course if you can’t eat peanut butter you can use almond butter, cashew butter, or another kind of nut or seed butter.
These might get a bit messy to try to fit into a lunch box, but they will make a heavenly after school snack or even a breakfast cupcake. Yes, I just invented the breakfast cupcake.
I used the vanilla cupcakes with coconut flour, but feel free to use your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes
Yield 8 cupcakes
1/2 cup (125 g) Nut butter cream frosting
1/2 cup (165 g) Strawberry jelly
- Bake the vanilla cupcakes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting.
- Let the cupcakes cool for up to an hour.
- Cut a hole in the top of each cupcake and add about a tablespoon of jelly.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Store the cupcakes covered in the refrigerator for a week or so.