Cauliflower is great as a low-carb substitute, especially with potato-inspired recipes. These Parmesan cauliflower tots make for a great low-carb snack or side dish.
This recipe, like many of my recipes, falls under a variety of low-carb lifestyles. It’s not a coincidence that they overlap—this is a common focus these days for health and wellness reasons.
An important thing to consider is whether a recipe uses whole foods that are either not processed or minimally processed. I’m increasingly choosing food that is made of only whole ingredients that contain only fresh ingredients. The simpler the recipe the easier it is to use only whole foods.
Parmesan Cauliflower Tots
- 2 cups cauliflower florets steamed for 5 minutes or so (tender but still firm)
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional or other seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick baking mat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine, just enough to have a thick, lumpy consistency.
- Spoon the tots out in 1 tablespoon drops across the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges begin to brown.
- Serve hot.
Can we use frozen riced cauliflower to make it a bit easier?
I think it would work!
Did you ever try this? I’m going to today!
Let us know if it works. I haven’t tried it yet.
These were great as an appetizer addition. Served with spinach-artichoke dip, as well as 7 layer dip. They went quickly! I will check them after 15 mins, though, because they were on the edge of overcooked at 20.
Great serving idea, with dips! Thanks for the note on cooking time.
Absolutely delicious!! Left-overs are scrumptious warmed up too!!
Thanks! Great to heart, and yes to warming up leftovers 🙂
Cauliflower put in the processor as well??
Yes, just a few good pulses should do it.
These are so delicious, thank you!
Oh good! thanks 🙂