Avocado and kale go great together. Avocado is a great source of healthy fat and kale is loaded with vitamins (A, B, C, and K) as well as a good dose of manganese, fiber, and protein.
Kale is a bit tougher and more fibrous, as green leaves go, so using your hands to tear it into smaller pieces and massaging it a bit makes it more tender to bite. The good news is that this salad is easy to make ahead and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve it.
And then there’s this simple, clean dressing that I use often. A combination of fresh lemon juice, honey, salt, and olive oil splashed over the salad and blended in. A nice alternative would be lime juice in place of lemon juice.
When I’m feeling rushed or lazy, I splash the salad with lemon juice, drizzle honey over it, add a pinch of salt, and blend without the oil.
Avocado Kale Salad
- Avocado Kale Salad
- one bunch green kale about 4 large leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 avocados pitted and sliced into cubes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Honey Lemon Dressing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice about 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl.
- Combine the salad dressing ingredients in a jar or container with a lid and stir or shake well until fully blended.
- Drizzle about half of the dressing over the salad and blend well with large spoons or salad tongs.
- Serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for a few days.
Leave a Reply