I’ve got a thing for blueberries and lemons, and they definitely belong together in the form of a lemon blueberry loaf, using coconut flour.
After playing around with lemon muffins and blueberries I decided to turn the recipe into a cake. This tastes very much like a lemon pound cake so if you prefer you can omit the blueberries and have just that. I do recommend adding about 1/2 tablespoon more lemon juice to the mix for tenderness that the blueberries provide.
I added a lot of blueberries here but you can easily dial it down to about 3/4 cup of blueberries and have quite enough in each slice. I used fresh blueberries but frozen will work as well.
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
Yield 8-10 slices
To make this Keto, replace the honey with the equivalent amount of your favorite low-carb sweetener plus 1/4 cup of dairy-free milk or yogurt.
I used a smaller baking pan measuring 7.5 inches x 3.75 inches. You can use a slightly larger pan and the loaf will be flatter, or increase the recipe size, or double it and make a loaf and muffins.
For SCD, use only honey.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C, or gas mark 4).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry in ingredients in a bowl and blend with a whisk or fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to blend well.
- Add the batter to the baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes or the loaf is starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Cool and slice. Store in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or freeze for a few months.