I’ve got a thing for blueberries and lemons, and they definitely belong together in the form of a lemon blueberry loaf, using coconut flour.
After playing around with lemon muffins and blueberries I decided to turn the recipe into a cake. This tastes very much like a lemon pound cake so if you prefer you can omit the blueberries and have just that. I do recommend adding about 1/2 tablespoon more lemon juice to the mix for tenderness that the blueberries provide.
I added a lot of blueberries here but you can easily dial it down to about 3/4 cup of blueberries and have quite enough in each slice. I used fresh blueberries but frozen will work as well.
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice about 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C, or gas mark 4).
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all the dry in ingredients in a bowl and blend with a whisk or fork.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk to blend well.
- Add the batter to the baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes or the loaf is starting to turn golden around the edges.
- Cool and slice. Store in the refrigerator for a few weeks, or freeze for a few months.