Want a really quick & easy, high protein breakfast or snack?
These simple crust-free quiches are easy to bake and serve, or grab on the go. Store them in the refrigerator for a few days, or serve them fresh out of the oven.
Feel free to substitute another source of protein for the turkey bacon. You can use any kind of diced veggies and protein sources, and feel free to add additional spices and herbs.
Crustless Mini Quiches
Yield 8 mini quiches
I make the muffin pan paper inserts using square pieces of parchment paper, or you can use parchment muffin cups.
These also freeze and reheat well. Just seal well before freezing them.
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (115 g) shredded cheddar or other cheese
- ½ cup (124 g) yogurt
- 1 cup (80 g) chopped turkey bacon (4 to 6 slices)
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach chopped (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C or gas mark 5).
- Prepare eight muffin liners in a muffin baking pan.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl until well-blended.
- Pour the mixture evenly across 8 muffin liners and bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and the centers are baked through.
Yield: 8 servings
Per serving: 122 calories,
Serving Size 1 quiche
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Saturated Fat 7 g
Total Carbohydrates 3 g
Protein 11 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.