Want a really quick & easy, high protein breakfast or snack?
These simple crust-free quiches are easy to bake and serve, or grab on the go. Store them in the refrigerator for a few days, or serve them fresh out of the oven.
Feel free to substitute another source of protein for the turkey bacon. You can use any kind of diced veggies and protein sources, and feel free to add additional spices and herbs.
Crustless Mini Cheddar Quiches
I make the muffin pan paper inserts using square pieces of parchment paper, or you can use parchment muffin cups.These also freeze and reheat well. Just seal well before freezing them.To make these dairy free, replace the yogurt with dairy-free yogurt, or use about 1/4 cup of dairy-free milk and 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Servings: 8 mini quiches
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or other cheese
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cup chopped turkey bacon (4 to 6 slices)
- 1 cup spinach chopped (fresh or frozen)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes optional for some heat
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C or gas mark 5).
- Prepare eight muffin liners in a muffin baking pan.
- Whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl until well-blended.
- Pour the mixture evenly across 8 muffin liners and bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned and the centers are baked through.
- Yield: 8 servings
- Per serving: 122 calories,
Serving: 1quiche | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g
What can I use instead of yogurt. Dairy free for 20 years!
Thank-you for all your wonderful recipes!
I have made a bunch of them, and they are great!
Thank you! You can replace the yogurt with dairy-free yogurt, or use about 1/4 cup of dairy-free milk and 1 to 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
Yum! I forgot about these as a breakfast option for me and the kids. Thanks for the recipe.
Yes, they’re a great snack and they reheat easily as well.