Grain-free pineapple fried rice is a quick and easy single-pan meal, and makes great leftovers too. You just need to do some prep work dicing vegetables in order to have all the ingredients ready for this quick stir-fry.
I prefer shrimp or chicken paired with pineapple, but feel free to add your protein of choice, or don’t add additional protein apart from the eggs in the recipe to keep it vegetarian. And if you’re a fan of shrimp and pineapple like I am, or a fan of pineapple fried rice, you may also like my recipe for Thai pineapple shrimp curry.
I’m a huge fan of pineapple, not only for it’s flavor and juice, but it has some great health benefits. It’s high in nutrients like vitamin C and manganese. Pineapple contain bromelain, a group of digestive enzymes that help break down proteins and make them easier to absorb in the small intestine. Studies show it may also help prevent cancer and reduce inflammation in the body. And it helps recovery after surgery; I took bromeliad extract after a surgery a few years ago and had really good healing results.
Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon oil for frying, divided
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup tomato, sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cored and diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and chopped (or chicken)
- 1/2 cup green onions, thinly diced
- 1 pineapple, diced into bite-size cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- slices of lime
- Heat a large frying pan or wok on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of oil to the pan, warm it up for a few seconds and then add the eggs. Scramble the eggs in the pan and then put them aside on a plate to add later.
- Add the other 1/2 teaspoon of oil, tomatoes, pepper, pineaple, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to the frying pan. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the green onions and garlic to the pan and cook for another few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower rice, other 1/2 teaspoon salt to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cilantro and shrimp and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another few minutes.
- Serve warm with a slice of lime.