I don’t easily tire of coleslaw, so here’s another version of it. Basic, creamy coleslaw using homemade mayonnaise.
I’m not ashamed to say that I eat this for breakfast (as well as lunch and dinner). You can toss just about anything on top of this: grilled anything, nuts, sliced fresh vegetables and fruit, or nothing at all.
If you find the sliced coleslaw a bit challenging to nail with a fork, make it scoopable by putting chunks of cut cabbage in a food processor and process until it’s chopped into small pieces, just like the confetti coleslaw.
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar (apple cider or white wine vinegar are good)
- 2 tablespoons of mustard (Dijon)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 medium sliced green cabbage
- 1/2 medium sliced red cabbage
- Slice, dice, or process the cabbage and place in a big mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the cabbage and mix until well blended.
- Eat, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.