Roasted Cauliflower Trees

Roasted Cauliflower

If you love munching on vegetables, like I do, roasting them makes it even more fun because it packs the flavor in. Roasting cauliflower in this way makes it almost like popcorn, so try serving it like a treat – so easy to grab and munch, no one will care that it’s healthy!

For most vegetables, roasting takes about 20 minutes at the most, so I roast vegetables when I don’t end up using them in a salad or other recipe. Yesterday it was zucchini, and today it is cauliflower.

Cups of cauliflower popcorn

There’s so many ways to flavor roasted cauliflower, so if you like this recipe, try some other ways to add flavor to it. And if you have any other topping suggestions, please feel free to share them in the comments.

Yum!

Posted in Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  12 Comments

12 Responses to Roasted Cauliflower Trees

1. Cara says:

This looks awesome. I follow the Paleo diet (no grains, no dairy, no sugar) so wouldn’t use flour anyway. Olive oil, salt & pepper is all you need.

Thanks for posting!

Cara

2. Pingback: Tweets that mention Roasted Cauliflower Trees | Comfy Belly -- Topsy.com

3. These are awesome, and the presentation is great! I’ve never tried roasting cauliflower, but I have yet to meet a roasted vegetable I didn’t like. Do you think your flavor combos would work for broccoli?

4. Shalonne says:

Super recipe! Will look forward to trying with Broccoli too.

5. Rey says:

What a great idea! And you’re right, presenting them in the little cups just adds to the charm of it becoming “snack food”!
    I hope I get cauliflower in my co-op basket this week so I can try it out on my kids!

6. Nikki Myers says:

This is now my favorite way to eat cauliflower! So good…thank you for sharing, I was really getting tired of mashed cauliflower.

7. Pingback: A nice easy recipe for the side dish, my kids love it! | Fighting the healthy food war and winning!!

8. Linda says:

Hi Erica,

I love to cook on the weekends! I made these and they are wonderful all by themselves! I decided to make a little yougurt onion dip, for fun. They were as tastey as chips and dip! One of my old favorites!

Thank you again for all the wonderful recipes!!

My fave too! Love roasted cauliflower. There’s a tahini dip as well if you like tahini: http://comfybelly.com/2012/04/fried-cauliflower-with-yogurt-tahini-sauce/#.UKfTDoY3DyU