Orange Cranberry Bread

Orange Cranberry Bread - Comfy Belly

I’ve eaten about 4 pints of cranberries this week and the result is an orange cranberry bread recipe I feel good about sharing. Of course I couldn’t have driven myself into a baking marathon without some trusted recipe testers, so I owe Comfy Belly testers/bakers/adventurers a big thanks.

Orange Cranberry Bread - Comfy BellyOrange Cranberry Bread - Comfy Belly

This cranberry bread recipe has been tested across three countries, and it made it’s first public appearance last week in a “Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”. One person, who I’m hoping feels well soon, tested it despite being in a Crohn’s flare.

It’s also been taste-tested by the most honest and discriminating group of humans—kids—and received two thumbs up. It’s had chocolate chips added to it, of course, and it’s been modified by testers to fit their needs and likes. One change-up you might enjoy is adding one very ripe banana and swapping out the maple syrup or honey for the equivalent amount of coconut sugar. They also make great muffins—see the headnotes for yield and baking time.

And if you’re looking for a recipe using just almond flour, here’s my original orange cranberry muffin recipe.

Orange Cranberry Bread - Comfy Belly

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Paleo, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  24 Comments

24 Responses to Orange Cranberry Bread

1. PCJAE says:

No need to cook the cranberries first? Just chop them in the food processor and add them in?

2. Lisa says:

What would be a good substitute for orange juice? I do not like oranges at all. Orange seems to crop up in a lot of things.

You can leave out the orange zest and juice and it will still taste great just no orange flavor but you’ll have to replace the 1/4 cup of orange juice with water or coconut milk (or other milk). Or try swapping with lemon zest and some coconut milk to replace the orange juice.

3. Jamie says:

Baked two batches today, one for breakfast and a second for a friend’s birthday. The first batch was gone so quickly I had to bake the second! Delicious! In the past I’ve made flour blondies this way, but these are just as wonderful and much healthier. Thank you!!

4. Lise says:

Just wanted to say hi and THANK YOU for all the beautiful recipes you post. What a gift; I’m very grateful that people like you are out there creating and modifying these amazing recipes.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Marcella says:

This bread was delicious! Made 6 mini loaves and everyone was so impressed. I cut the OJ in half like you suggested. You really do have the best recipes! Thanks for all you do!

6. Pingback: Thanksgiving | coconut contentment

7. Jen says:

This was so amazing, it tastes like cake! I used cashew meal instead of almond just for giggles and it was so good! Making more soon. Thanks for ANOTHER great recipe.

8. Pingback: 50 Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Holiday Dessert Recipes | Gourmande in the Kitchen

9. Katharine says:

This was yummy! I set slices out on a plate for pre-thanksgiving meal munchies. I used agave instead of honey/maple syrup (I know) and my kids kept sneaking more pieces of it! That’s a true sign of a winner. I had some for breakfast today – toasted and slathered with butter. YUMMY! thanks!

10. Karen G. says:

This was a big hit for weekend company brunch. I did add a handful of coarsely chopped walnuts, otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Definitely added to my “make-again” collection!

11. Bart says:

I found your site a week or so ago, made the bread – LOVED IT, forgot to save your site… Panicked this morning, googled extensively, found you and not letting go of this recipe! It’s phenomenal. Thank you!

I made muffins today and they’re just as amazing as the bread. I also used agave as sweetener.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

12. This bread looks delicious! I love fresh cranberries in baked goods!

13. Linda says:

Can I substitute the coconut flour with king Arthur’s flour and I have a lot of homemade cranberries with a little to much liquid could that be used for the cranberries and juice?

14. Marie says:

Just made this, as in just took it out of the oven. I plan to make another version next time, subbing lemon for orange and blueberry for cranberry! So excited!!

15. Ceab says:

Made with lime and raspberries as cranberries not available. Still yum. Thanks for my brekky.