Honey and mustard go well together. Tangy, sweet, and so simple. This recipe for honey mustard chicken is amazingly simple to make and goes great on a bed of roasted cauliflower rice with a side of veggies.
You can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts. The thighs are moist and take a bit longer to bake, while the chicken breasts are a bit lighter and leaner. This recipe calls for baking the chicken but I suspect you can cook this on the stove top as well.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 1/4 cup mustard Dijon or whole grain works well, or a mix of mustard types
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated or 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 2 pounds chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Trim excess fat from the chicken thighs, rinse them in cold water and pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
- Combine the mustard, honey, salt, and ginger in a bowl and blend with a fork or whisk. Add the chicken thighs and toss to coat.
- Place the chicken and sauce in a roasting dish and bake for 30 minutes, or until the the juices run clear when you slice into the chicken.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve warm.