This nut butter cream frosting is decadent. Which is why it has a post all to itself.
I was going to call it “nut butter frosting” but it’s definitely a level above frosting due to the butter component, making it more like butter cream frosting. And any nut butter will work with this frosting. If you prefer almond butter, go for it. Or use cashew butter, or a seed butter such as sunflower butter.
If you don’t do dairy, feel free to substitute coconut oil for the butter (or ghee to remove the milk solids).
The options are endless. You can use this frosting on cupcakes, cakes, and muffins, or inside cupcakes, cakes, and muffins. Or dip bananas into it, spread it on a banana and freeze it, use it for sandwich cookies, or just eat it alone.
Nut Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/2 cup creamy nut butter (no additives or salt)
- 1/2 cup softened butter (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix or blend until creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator.