I stumbled upon a beautiful creation posted on an SCD Facebook page last week. It’s a banana bread birthday cake made by the one and only Sarah Miller.
Sarah used my banana bread recipe using coconut flour as a birthday cake, and graciously agreed to share her photo and instructions. Thank you, Sarah!
I’m a huge fan of healthy treats so this rendition of a birthday cake just made my day. I think you’ll like it as well, especially if you like banana bread and my banana bread recipes.
Banana bread recipes
Here are my three banana bread recipes. You can use a lot of my bread, cake, and cupcake recipes to create delicious cakes for a birthday, or any other occasion.
All 3 of these recipes are popular, but my recipe using almond and coconut flour is my favorite. If you need a nut-free version, use the coconut flour only version.
- Banana bread using almond flour (one of my first recipes!)
- Banana bread using coconut flour
- Banana bread using almond + coconut flour (one of my most popular recipes!)
Banana Bread Birthday Cake
- 6 ripe peeled bananas
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries plus extra to decorate
- 1 cup of dripped SCD yoghurt cream cheese dripped yogurt, Greek style thickness
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4).
- Prepare two 8-inch round baking pans with parchment paper on the bottom, or grease generously.
- Mash the bananas using a mixer or by hand in a large bowl. Mix until completely mashed and smooth.
- Add the eggs, honey, and vanilla to the mashed bananas and blend well.
- Add the baking soda, salt, and coconut flour to the wet batter and blend well.
- Let the batter sit for 5 minutes or so to give the coconut flour time to absorb the liquids.
- Split the batter among the two baking pans and bake for 30 minutes or until the top begins to brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Mix honey and yoghurt cream cheese well in a bowl.
- Once the cakes have cooled completely, spread approximately 1/3 of icing mixture evenly over the first cake. Lay the second cake on top and spread on the remainder of icing mix.
- Add additional blueberries to the top, and edible flowers if available.