Are you looking for a tasty way to give your body a boost? Do you own a juicer? Here’s my current favorite immune-boosting juice.
After being seriously run down last fall I consulted a doctor to find ways to strengthen my immune system. She had a very simple list for me: take zinc and a lot of vitamin C. And of course, sleep.
I’ve always known that vitamin C is a good thing, but I couldn’t tolerate the vitamin C pills so I decided to consume vitamin C entirely with food. I was taking zinc every day but developed nausea from that as well.
Then after playing tennis one day I tried a rescue drink and it was heaven. I read the ingredients and of course there was cane sugar in it. So I decided to make my own juice shot with my juicer.
Here is my tasty juice boost which uses fresh turmeric, ginger, apple, and lemon juice. I love it in the morning or after a workout.
If you’re looking for something with fiber or something more substantial, try my turmeric smoothie.
Immune Juice Boost
- 1 apple
- 1/2 inch fresh turmeric root
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger root
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice I add up to 1/4 cup depending on how sweet the apple is; sometimes I just toss a quarter slice of lemon with rind into the juicer.
- Add the turmeric, ginger, and apple slices to a juicer to extract the juice into a container.
- Add the lemon juice to the extracted juice and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for a few days.