Cinnamon Bun Muffins {using almond & coconut flour}

Cinnamon Bun Muffins - Comfy Belly

I had a handful of recipes I was considering posting, but as it goes sometimes, something else catches my fancy and I latch on tightly and run with it. Such was the case with this recipe over the past two days.

Cinnamon Bun Muffins - Comfy Belly Cinnamon Bun Muffins - Comfy Belly

I’m certain you’ll be happy with this it if you enjoy the inspirations for it—Cinnamon bun muffins using coconut flour and cinnamon bun muffins using almond flour. Now we have a union of the two flours and what a beauty they make together.

I’m so certain of the goodness of this recipe that I couldn’t wait for all the results to come in from recipe testers. Much thanks to everyone who has tested it already in it’s various ratios of ingredients (mostly the flours), and please keep the feedback coming. The wonderful thing about having others make your recipes is that you learn some great variations on a theme.

Cinnamon Bun Muffins - Comfy Belly

Posted in Breakfast, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Paleo, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  22 Comments

22 Responses to Cinnamon Bun Muffins {using almond & coconut flour}

1. Charlotte Moore says:

I need to try these. I like almond flour much better than just coconut flour. Also glad to see there is no added fat.

2. These look amazing! I can’t wait to start using coconut flour for baking!

3. Darlene Leighton says:

Just made these using half honey and half coconut nectar. I also added 1 teaspoon of vanilla and some walnuts. YUM!!!

4. I just made these awesome morsels. Much to my surprise were absolutely delicious.

5. Vanessa says:

Delicious and moist! They don’t taste at all like gluten free. I used vanilla almond milk, added a lovely sweetness. Also baked 3 mins more because my tins were a bit bigger. Thanks for a fab recipe!

6. Bridget says:

Can you substitute anything for the coconut flour?

7. Kelly Zarda says:

Just made these! They were delicious! Thank you! So glad to have found your website! All of your recipes look amazing!!

8. Susan says:

Great recipe…I made ½ batch, Cinnamon bun muffins this morning, and they were WONDERFUL! Great recipe. The ½ recipe made 24 mini muffins, and were turned out so well I shared with my neighbor. And I just did a preorder on your new book…so keep those ideas and recipes coming…:) A new fan since I just found your recipe today.

9. Pingback: Gluten Free Cinnamon Bun Muffins | Miss Eats

10. Charis Bullock says:

Just made these this morning. OH, MY GOODNESS!!! These are amazing!! They taste great! I even used plain yogurt instead of coconut milk and they turned out just fine :) Thank you soooo much for the recipe, I’m definitely making these again :D

11. Bob says:

Thank you for posting the recipe. We were looking for a low carb option and these worked out well. (about 6 net grams of carb per muffin) I did use Carys Sugar Free syrup in place of the honey in the Muffin and topping. The recipe made six muffins.
      Based on http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
      Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
      Sugars 0.7 g
      Protein 7.7

12. Pingback: Cinnamon Bun Muffins | Chameleon Kitchen

13. Michelle says:

Thanks for sharing. These are delicious. I’m eating Paleo and I’ve tried heaps of recipes and they have no match on these, even the ones in the cook book I bought fall short compared to these. I can highly recommend everyone should them :)

14. Elizabeth says:

Is the weight or the volume correct for the coconut flour? Because elsewhere on your blog you specify 1/4 = 26g.

I made these awhile ago, and they were delicious, but I don’t remember if I weighed the coconut flour!