Chicken Shawarma & Jeweled Cauliflower

Chicken Shawarma - Comfy Belly

Chicken Shawarma and roasted cauliflower rice with parsley, dried apricots and cranberries.

Chicken Shawarma - Comfy Belly

I’m in heaven. This is my latest summer dish—I eat a huge bowl of the jeweled cauliflower rice with a generous serving of lemon yogurt on top and a tall glass of sparkling water, and I’m good. The chicken is for the omnivores; occasionally I toss in a small slice of spice-coated chicken on top of my plate. But it’s the rice, apricots, and yogurt that send me over the moon.

There’s a healthy list of spices in this recipe, however I did leave out black pepper, but feel free to add a teaspoon of ground black pepper to the spice blend.

One last thing: here’s a video on two ways to smash garlic. I remove the skin by pressing the garlic cloves with a knife, and then toss the garlic in the food processor with the spices.

Chicken Shawarma - Comfy BellyChicken Shawarma - Comfy BellyChicken Shawarma - Comfy Belly

Posted in Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, Nut-Free, Paleo, Sauces & Dressings, SCD, Wheat-Free  |  11 Comments

11 Responses to Chicken Shawarma & Jeweled Cauliflower

1. Janelle says:

This looks soooo delicious!

It is, still eating some leftovers!

3. Ingrid says:

I made this meal last night for guests and it was a big hit — kids and adults alike! The lemon-yogurt sauce really made it all come together, and I highly recommend the cauliflower rice. Delish!

4. Carol says:

Wow, this looks fabulous!! Love the idea of adding the cranberries and apricots, it must add a whole new dimension to this recipe.

5. Pingback: OAMC Menu: Week of February 29 | Meat Babe

6. Cindy says:

Is there any way this could be baked instead of grilled? If so, what temp and how long would you recommend?

Thanks, Cindy

7. Pingback: Jeweled Cauliflower Rice – Anja's Food 4 Thought

8. Terry says:

I just made the chicken tonight, and it was some of the best chicken I have ever grilled. Thank you for such a delicious recipe!!!