This is one of many fruit pops that I blend up to satisfy the craving for ice cream pops. I tend to vary the ingredients depending on what I have in the freezer, what season it is, and what I have on hand. I use crème fraîche to get it rich and creamy, but it can be made with a lower fat yogurt.
You can swap out the raspberry juice for any kind of fruit juice (grape works well als0). I also use mixed frozen fruit, and of course fresh fruit or fruit syrup is also an option. I also taste test the liquid before freezing it, and it also doubles as a smoothie.
Berry Cream Pop
- 1 cup crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons honey or more depending on how sweet the berries are
- 1/2 pint strawberries, frozen or other frozen berries, or 1/3 cup of berry juice concentrate, or both
- 1 banana ripe and peeled, with at least some black spots
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, and blend completely.
- Pour the liquid into frozen pop molds and freeze for at least 4 hours (this recipe makes about 4 pops). Run the pop under warm water for a minute or so to take the cover off of it.