This is a tasty salad that I make when I have left over salmon, although sometimes I purposely make salmon to create this salad. Capers, dill, lemon, and some yogurt and/or mayo, and you have the makings of a versatile salad base. This base will taste great with tuna fish or other left-over fish.
I don’t eat much meat these days, for many reasons, so when the grill is going for other stuff, I’ll wrap a piece of wild caught salmon in a piece of foil with some butter on top, and let it cook for about 10 minutes, in a medium warm area of the grill.
- 1 pound salmon
- 1/4 cup yogurt plain
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers optional, or chopped pickles work too
- 1/2 teaspoon dill
- Cook the salmon the way you prefer, such as grilling, broiling, cooking it in a pan with some olive oil or butter.
- Cool the salmon for a few mintues and then break it into small chunks with a spoon or fork.
- Combine all the other ingredients and blend well.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few days.