Happy New Year! I’m sharing a new recipe from my coconut flour cookbook. Several readers, especially those following SCD, have been telling me how much they love this recipe for banana porridge from my coconut flour cookbook, so I’ve been successfully persuaded to share it here.
I have sorely missed posting here, but life has kept me way too busy. A new job, both boys home from college, my need to downsize, and my furry companion have been the primary focus for me the last few weeks.
I hope to share some new recipes that testers helped me with many months ago, so stay tuned for that. I just need to snap some photos and pull the posts together, in-between work, home-hunting, exercising, and having a life. Whew.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or other milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 very ripe banana peeled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- Place the coconut milk and water in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the coconut flour to the saucepan and stir to blend.
- Add the mashed banana to the saucepan and stir to blend.
- Add the cinnamon and salt to the saucepan and blend well.
- Add the eggs to the saucepan and blend. Stir occasionally for a few minutes, or until the porridge becomes thick and a bit lumpy.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Leftovers may be stored in a sealed container in the refrigerator for a few days and reheated.