As we approach the holidays, I like to share a collection of my well-loved grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free holiday recipes. Some of these recipes are free, some appear in my cookbooks, and the rest are for paid subscribers.
If you’re making food for a gathering or hosting a meal, here are some tips:
- Test new recipes at least a few days before the holiday.
- Plan ahead and mark it on your calendar.
- Create a checklist and mark stuff off as you go.
- Say yes to anyone who wants to bring food.
- Ask for help with the preparation.
- Make stuff ahead. Cranberry sauce, pies, and sides can be made ahead, and vegetables can be chopped and prepped for cooking ahead of time.
- If something flops, let it go. Or turn it into something else.
- Make more than you need so you have leftovers for the next few days, and to freeze for later.
- Exchange clean-up help for leftovers.
Wishing you peace, good food, and the best of health,