Apple Pie

Apple pie

This pie is baked in parts and then combined for the finale. The primary reason for doing this is to limit the baking time of the almond flour crust. This makes for a perfect crust, while adding just a few more steps to the desired outcome.

Apple pie slice

Posted in Desserts, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-free  |  22 Comments

22 Responses to Apple Pie

1. max says:

looks good! I have to remember to try that tomorrow.

2. Lauren B says:

That almond flour crust looks lovely! What a gorgeous grain-free pie.

3. EricaKerwien says:

Thanks Lauren! Yes, it came out great!

4. ddawgz says:

I tried the recipe and it was AWESOME!!!! post some more like this

5. Sarah says:

LOVE this recipe!!!

6. Paul says:

This is an incredible pie.
    Usually when I eat a pie the crust is a not very exciting part of the dish, but when I ate this, I loved the crust. It was the best crust I have ever had in a pie.
    Very tasty, very good. Thanks so much!

Thanks Paul! I love it too :)

8. Dina says:

Made for after dinner tonight….its almost gone. It was VERY good! And not hard to make. AlthoughI had a hard time not eating all the apple’s out of the pan while the first crust cooled!

9. Keoki says:

I have tried your apple pie recipe and I must say that it was fabulous, nourishing and gone in seconds! Although I am a an expert cook, this was the first time that I made an apple pie. I was blown away with the taste and flavors, as well as my very picky son, who kept raving on about it. Thank you very much for sharing.

10. Sherri says:

My husband follows the SCD diet for medical reasons. I like to try new recipes that both he and the rest of the family will enjoy. I had been craving apple pie for awhile and decided to try this recipe as a Superbowl dessert. It did not disappoint! Will definitely make this again.

11. This looks really delicious and I love your recipes but, I don’t have any almond flour. Would this work with coconut or brown rice flour? I know coconut oil is much drier. Should I just wait until I get almond flour, which is on my list?

12. Laurie says:

My father makes a killer Apple pie and I have really been missing it since going Paleo a year ago. I cannot wait to make this and satisfy that craving! Quick question-What is 2 tablespoons of hone? I googled it with no luck.

13. Erin says:

Have you ever made this as a dutch apple pie with a streusel topping instead of a double crust? If so, what do you use for the topping?

14. Jen says:

Is there a way to successfully make this without butter? I fear the crust would just not work without it.

15. Olivia says:

I made this stunning recipe yesterday for my sister’s birthday and all I can say is “Thank you!” it was simple and probably one of the most delicious thing i’ve ever baked. I was very very proud .

16. Celine says: