There are many almond flour pancake recipes floating around the Internet. I thought I would join in on the fun and post my version, so here’s my go-to almond flour pancake recipe.
I’ve seen a number of variations on the ingredients and the ratio of ingredients used in almond flour pancake recipes. Some use coconut oil, coconut milk, agave, coconut sugar, and yogurt. I’ve found that this simple ratio of almond flour, liquid sweetener, salt, baking soda, and milk (or water) in this recipe creates a perfectly tasty almond flour pancake.
Almond Flour PancakesI like to make these pancakes small (silver dollar-size). If you want to make these a bit larger you can scoop out about 2 tablespoons of batter instead of 1 tablespoon. Then spread it around by either tilting the skillet, or spread it around when pouring the batter on to the skillet. I also love using maple syrup as the sweetener for this recipe. If you’re finding the batter too thick you can thin it out with a tablespoon or so of water or dairy-free milk. I store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for a week or so. Readers have confirmed that you can seal and freeze them for a few months.
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup dairy-free milk or water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or other liquid sweetener
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil or ghee (for the skillet)
- Whisk together all the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Heat a skillet on a low to medium heat with about 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter per pancake on the heated skillet.
- When you can slide a spatula under the pancake easily, flip the pancake and cook on the other side.
- Cook for a few more minutes and place the cooked pancakes on a warm plate and cover. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Enjoy with honey syrup, maple syrup, cinnamon, fruit, jam, ice cream, or yogurt topping.
Makes about 20 silver-dollar sized pancakes or about 4 servings