This salad is a nice replacement for those not eating complex carbohydrates, like potatoes.
Yes, it’s fake potato salad. Cauliflower is the stand-in for potato here and it does a respectable job of it. The key is to play up the other ingredients and flavor to your liking.
It goes great as a side, or you can turn it into a full blown salad by adding grilled protein, more veggies, or serve with several other good side dishes.
- 1 cauliflower head 1.5 lbs, or about 600 g, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 stalks celery finely diced
- 1/4 cup 40 g red onion, finely diced
- 4 large eggs hard boiled, shelled, and diced
- 1/4 cup 58 g mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- Steam the cauliflower for about 12 minutes, or until you can insert a fork in it.
- Cool the cauliflower and then place it in a large bowl.
- Add the celery, onion, and egg to the bowl and mix to blend.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and dill, and mix again.
- Serve at room temperature or cool. Store covered in the refrigerator for a few days.