Strawberry Sorbet

Strawberry Sorbet

Berry season is coming up (or it may already be with you). In any case, berry sorbets are so refreshing and so easy to make. This not only serves as a refreshing snack or dessert, but is great for whipping up strawberry smoothies.

For the smoothie, I use a blender and I usually add about 1 cup of the sorbet, one cup of fruit juice (lemonade works well too), some crushed ice, and then blend. You can easily double or triple this recipe for more of the same.

I leave the seeds in when I use strawberries, which is partly why this is so easy to make. Click here to see how I remove the seeds from berries for sorbets and sherbets.

Posted in Dairy-Free, Desserts, Egg-Free, Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Nut-Free, Paleo, SCD, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  14 Comments

14 Responses to Strawberry Sorbet

1. Mar says:

Hi,
      This recipe sounds really amazing but… one pound equals 454 grams. I assume I should use 3 pounds of strawberrys, am I right? Thanks!

2. katie says:

Wow, this looks absolutely delicious!!! I love how VIBRANT the color is! yum!

Hi Mar,
      Yes, 3 pounds of strawberries. Woops, I just noticed the weight amount is incorrect! Thanks!

4. Hillary says:

Beautiful! This looks so refreshing.

5. CoconutGal says:

I loooovee sorbets!! What a gorgeous photo too.
      I can’t WAIT for berry season. It needs to hurry up!!
      Thanks for your sweet words about Elana’s post. I am so glad my story can encourage others!

6. Michelle says:

Don’t you love the color?? Looks awesome.

7. Carole says:

Strawberries are in and so great right now!

I’ve been using arrowroot in my ice cream to retain a smooth texture. I may have to give it a try in sorbet and sherbet as well. I’ll have to cut the sugar content a bit for our tastes, but what a beautiful sorbet!

8. Mari says:

Can we substitute rum for vodka?
      Thanks

9. Dawn says:

I want to make this for my kids… what should I substitute for the alcohol? Thanks!

nothing really. just leave it out. It just prevents it from turning solid as fast. If you eat it in the next few days you should be ok. Cover it well in the freezer and let it defrost for 10 minutes or so before consuming.

10. Mariam says:

Beautiful, but why make a syrup with honey and water? Could 1cup of honey be thick enough? That way the honey is not heated and possibly altered of its properties?