Onion Cheddar Biscuits

Onion cheddar biscuit

This is a quick post for a tasty biscuit that goes well with many meals, including pulled pork. You can use two biscuits as a bun for sandwiches, or slice one biscuit in half.

Slice them once they are cooled so they don’t fall apart on you. This recipe was inspired by a recipe in this cookbook by Sandra Ramacher.

Biscuits on baking tray

Posted in Gluten-Free, Lactose-Free, Low-Sugar, SCD, Snacks, Vegetarian, Wheat-Free  |  15 Comments

15 Responses to Onion Cheddar Biscuits

1. Geoff says:

Those look great! I think the cheddar is missing from the ingredients list?

Thanks Geoff! Added the cheese info :)

3. Sima Amsel says:

Yeh, she has great stuff in her cookbook! I just tried one of her cookies posted on another blog http://digestivewellness.blogspot.com/2010/06/cookie-lovers-dream.html – AWESOME!

4. Dana says:

I made these to accompany our family dinner this evening with some slight variations.
      I doubled the recipe (we’re a family of 9 with a guest) and then did the following:
      Omit the honey & add 1 tablespoon of water to replace lost moisture
      Add 1 teaspoon onion powder
      Add 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
      Left everything else exactly the same – they came out perfect and are almost dangerous to have around! :) Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

5. Katrina says:

Do you think I could do this without the cheese?

Hi Katrina – I haven’t tried not using cheese, but it could potentially work because the egg can bind the biscuits together.

7. Nicole says:

Wow – these were great! My first venture into cooking with almond flour. Next time I will omit the honey and just add the tbsp of water. I think I would like without the sweetness it added.

8. n.j. says:

Fantastic!

9. April says:

I thought I would never get to eat cheesy biscuits again. Thanks!!!

10. Maureen says:

What is the carb count on these?

11. nikko s says:

I’m making these right now and I put in some turkey bacon to make a good on the run snack. I also used coconut oil instead of butter.

12. Rachel says:

Would it be possible to substitute with Coconut flour?

13. liz says:

These are by far the best savory baked good that I have found so far. I always make a double recipe and leave out the onions – they’re good but since I’m not a huge onion fan I prefer these just as cheddar biscuits. Also, I shape them differently because I wanted to be able to cut them in half and put butter in the middle. I form them in my hands into cylinders about 1″ wide by 2″ tall. As they bake, they spread out a bit but keep more height, so that when they’re done they’re about 2 1/2″ wide by 1 1/2″ tall – which is thick enough to slice in half and butter. Mmmmm. I could just live off these. I would say “best recipe ever”, except that so many of your other recipes are SO good as well(cinnamon bun muffins? Ginger snaps? Crazy good!!!).
      On a more personal note, I want to thank you so much. I was sick for 2 years, and now I’m on SCD and have been symptom-free for 14 weeks now, and your amazing recipes have made me feel so much more “normal” along the way. I actually cried the first time I had one of your muffins – up till that point I had felt so deprived and it felt so wonderful to eat something GOOD that made my tummy feel comfy, too :-) These are more than just recipes to those of us that are sick – they are a Godsend. Thank you!

14. Jeannette says:

We have had these twice this week. Seriously delicious! Thank you for a yummy, yummy recipe!